In case of cancelled flight, passengers have right to:
- care (meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time, hotel accommodation in cases where passengers should stay one or more nights, transport between the airport and place of accommodation, two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails),
- reimbursement or re-routing,
- compensation, unless they are informed of the cancellation:
- at least two weeks before the scheduled time of departure;
- between two weeks and seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more than two hours before the scheduled time of departure and to reach their final destination less than four hours after the scheduled time of arrival;
- less than seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more than one hour before the scheduled time of departure and to reach their final destination less than two hours after the scheduled time of arrival.
Passengers are entitled to compensation in amount of:
- 250 EUR for all flights of 1 500 kilometres or less;
- 400 EUR for all intra-Community flights of more than 1 500 kilometres, and for all other flights between 1 500 and 3 500 kilometres;
- 600 EUR for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).
An operating air carrier is not obliged to pay compensation if it can prove that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
If carrier hasn't provided passengers with food and refreshments during waiting time, it is necessary to keep all receipts in order to be refunded. The carrier is obliged to refund all expenses if they were necessary, reasonable and appropriate.