Information to passengers
All passengers, their hand and checked luggage have to undergo screening before entering into security restricted areas. Screenings are performed at check points, manually, with technical devices and/or by combining both methods. Primary objective of the security check is to detect and prevent:
· Introduction of prohibited items into the restricted security area and later on into the aircraft, and
· Potential act of unlawful interferences (i.e. airplane hijacking, sabotage or attack with an explosive device).
List of items that cannot be taken on board a flight may be found on the List of prohibited items. Contact your airline or travel agent if you have any questions about what you can take on board.
Individual security check is available for passengers with limited movement abilities, with prosthesis and pacemakers, upon their request.
Devices used during the security check cannot damage passengers’ electronic devices (laptops, cameras, IPod etc) or photographic films
Due to safety reasons, transportation of liquids in hand luggage is subject to strict regulations and scrutiny.
Liquids include: gels, pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures, toothpastes, hair gels, drinks, syrups, contents of pressurised containers (shaving foams, deodorants and similar articles).
Only the following liquids may be carried as hand luggage and they must be presented at security checkpoint:
- Duty free in a sealed security bag. The item and the receipt must remain sealed inside the security bag provided at the time of purchase.
- Liquids in containers of 100ml or less packed in a single, transparent, re-sealable 1-litre plastic bag.
- Medicines and special dietary products e.g. baby food
All other liquids must be placed in your checked (hold) luggage.
Passengers can also contribute to more efficient and faster security screenings. How?
- Prepare timely for the flight and inquire about the items that cannot be taken on board a flight.
2. Only pack, in both hand and checked luggage, those items/things that are in compliance with the List of prohibited items and rules on liquids and dangerous goods – in order not to risk potential flight ban or seizure of luggage.
3. Liquids transported in hand luggage (in containers with capacity of 100 ml or less) have to be contained in the plastic bag as specified.
4. Arrive to airport in timely manner to avoid potential delays and stress during the departure procedure.
5. If you are carrying a fire arm, report it immediately to the check-in personnel.
6. When preparing for the screening of passengers and hand luggage, store metal jewellery, watches, coins and similar items in the hand luggage in order not to misplace or forget them, or place them in the plastic tray for the x-ray check.
7. When preparing for screening of passengers and hand luggage, remove the bag with the liquids from the hand luggage.
8. When preparing for the screening of passengers and hand luggage, remove the laptops and other larger electronic devices (such as gaming consoles, digital photo cameras and recording cameras) from the hand luggage and place them in the plastic tray so they can be separately checked.
9. Remove your jacket and/or coat and place them in a plastic tray for a separate check.
10. Be prepare to remove your belt and/or take off your shoes and to place them in the plastic tray for separate check if requested by the security officer.
11. Follow other instructions given by the security officer.