Flights of foreign sport and recreational aircraft in the Republic of Croatia
- amateur built aircraft with maximum take-off mass 1000 KG,
- historical aircraft with maximum take-off mass 1000 KG.
- ex-military aircraft with maximum take-off mass 1000 KG,
- replica of historical or ex-military aircraft with maximum take-off mass 1000 KG,
- microlight aircraft,
- microlight helicopter, or
- gyroplane with maximum take-off mass 560kg;
when Regulation (EC) No. 2018/1139 of the European Parliament is not applied to them.
Flying of sport and recreational aircraft is limited to VFR day only.
Foreign sport and recreational aircraft can be flown in Croatian airspace only on the basis of an authorization for flight and submitted flight plan when crossing the Croatian border.
It is considered that foreign sport and recreational aircraft is authorized to fly in the Croatian airspace if the following conditions are met:
- The aircraft has a valid certificate of airworthiness in accordance with the regulations of the country of registration of the aircraft,
- The aircraft must be insured in accordance with the EU regulation governing mandatory insurance for the aircraft, and
- The aircraft is not allowed to be used for operations for which remuneration is received, except in the case of participation in flying displays or competitions.